I-95 and State Road 44 ramp closures in New Smyrna Beach are scheduled for this week.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has announced some upcoming nighttime ramp closures at the interchange of Interstate 95 (I-95) and State Road 44 in New Smyrna Beach to test the wrong-way driving detection system on the ramps and minor striping work.
According to a release, this work is part of a safety and roadway improvement project at the S.R. 44 and I-95 interchange (Project: 442932-1).
Detours will be in place each night. Electronic message boards and other signage will help direct traffic during the ramp closures.
Please see below for the ramp closure information:
The Interstate 95 (I-95) southbound off-ramp onto eastbound State Road (S.R.) 44 at Exit 249A (New Smyrna Beach) will be closed on Wednesday, June 1, from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., and the following detour will be in place:
- Motorists on I-95 southbound wishing to access eastbound State Road 44 can continue south to Exit 244 (Edgewater/Oak Hill) and turn left onto Indian River Boulevard (County Road 442), then take the next left onto I-95 northbound. From I-95 northbound, motorists will take Exit 249 (Deland/New Smyrna Beach) and turn right onto eastbound S.R. 44.
The Interstate 95 (I-95) northbound off-ramp onto State Road (S.R.) 44 at Exit 249 (Deland/New Smyrna Beach) in New Smyrna Beach will be closed on Thursday, June 2, from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., and the following detour will be in place:
- Motorists on I-95 northbound wishing to access State Road 44 can continue north and take Exit 256 (Port Orange), turn left onto Taylor Road (S.R. 421), then take the next left onto I-95 southbound. From I-95 southbound, motorists can take Exit 249A to access eastbound State Road 44 toward coastal New Smyrna Beach or Exit 249B to access westbound State Road 44 toward Deland.
Construction schedules are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
For the most current details about this construction project, please visit the project page on FDOT’s Central Florida Roads website, www.cflroads.com. If you have any questions or comments, contact Britney Jones, Community Outreach Coordinator, at 386-740-3566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family