Kurt Swartzlander will take over as Daytona Beach Shores City Manager in July 2022.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Following the announcement of current Daytona Beach Shores City Manager Michael Booker's retirement this coming Summer, the City Council has chosen Kurt Swartzlander to take over as the new City Manager starting July 2022.
According to a release, Swartzlander, 51, came to Daytona Beach Shores four years ago as Finance Director and has been the Assistant City Manager since last spring. He spent eleven years with the City of Holly Hill before that, serving as Finance Director and Assistant City Manager, with two stints as Interim City Manager during his time there.
“Thank you for this opportunity. I look forward to continuing the great work of the last 22 years and improving the city any way we can," said Swartzlander.
Swartzlander obtained his undergraduate degree at Kalamazoo College and then his Master of Business Administration at Stetson University in DeLand. He also has experience in electrical contracting and food supply.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family