Lockdown at Spruce Creek Elementary School in Port Orange has been lifted.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Spruce Creek Elementary School off Taylor Road in Port Orange went under lockdown Friday morning in response to an unidentified person on campus.
Lockdown procedures went into effect around 11 a.m., and Port Orange Police Department was on the scene investigating the incident. Students and staff were safe secure in their classrooms throughout the campus-wide investigation.
According to police, there was no threat found on the campus. An all-clear was given just before noon.
“All students and staff are safe and secure. We have returned to normal operations. Thank you,” said Mrs. Hall, Principal of Spruce Creek Elementary School, via social media.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family