Mosquito Control to host pop-up event at Smyrna Dunes Park.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The fourth week in June is recognized as National Mosquito Control Awareness Week. To participate, the Volusia County Mosquito Control Division has planned a pop-up education event at Smyrna Dunes Park, located at 2995 N. Peninsula Avenue in New Smyrna Beach, on Monday, June 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
According to a release, along with the in-person events, Mosquito Control will host digital educational events on its Facebook page.
The pop-up event will educate residents on the county’s integrated pest management program and the best mosquito prevention and population control practices. Staff with Mosquito Control will be on-site with the interactive Fight the Bite trailer, which provides hands-on learning and educational opportunities.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/VolusiaCountyMosquitoControl.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family