New Campaign Shows Support to Local Venues in City of Port Orange.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The City of Port Orange announced today a new campaign to help show support to local venues, “I Am. I Go, I Support Local.”
The new campaign comes with a hashtag, #KEEPITLOCAL, to help market local area businesses and encourages residents to make a conscious decision to 'keep it local' when considering purchases of goods and services for their home and/or business, enjoying a meal at a locally owned restaurant, bringing home takeout, or staycation opportunities in the community.
According to a release sent out by the city, there is a digital billboard sign, located on the east side of the Dunlawton Bridge, being used to promote the city's campaign starting on May 18 and signs will also be posted around town on city property in the coming week.
Additionally, the Port Orange/South Daytona Chamber of Commerce is showing their support to be the location for local businesses to pick up "I Am, I Go, I Support Local" campaign signs for their businesses. Bumper stickers will also be available.
Locally owned businesses also provide many benefits to a community that includes creating jobs, contribute to improved public infrastructure, and investing both socially and economically. To help support and make a difference, the City encourages citizens to post and share messages on social media by using the hashtag, #KEEPITLOCAL, and tag the local business or location.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family