New Elementary School Name Chosen for New School on Ortona Elementary School Site
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
On May 25th, the Volusia County School Board decided that the Osceola and Ortona Elementary schools would join to be called Beachside Elementary. The mascot of Beachside Elementary will be the sea turtles.
The name and mascot were the most popular choices of students, staff members, and parents taken in a recent survey.
The school will be located at the Ortona Elementary campus, while Osceola Elementary acts as a temporary school for both student populations
According to the school board, it’s rare to rename a school or name a new one since all new schools are reconstructed on existing campuses.
Beachside Elementary is expected to be completed for the 2022-2023 school year.
The School Board will discuss the school’s colors at an unspecified later date.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family