No Residency Requirements for Vaccine Recipients in the State of Florida; Publix to Begin Getting Vaccines
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
With the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine underway throughout the state, officials from the Florida Department of Health have stated that there is no statewide residency requirement for those that are seeking to get vaccinated.
Officials may only be vaccinating health care personnel, first responders, or seniors 65 and older, but if they meet these requirements where they live is not a disqualification.
“With so many, including snowbirds, spending months in Florida, residency can't be a disqualifier,” Governor Ron DeSantis said in a press conference, regarding criteria. “We are discouraging people to come to Florida just to get a vaccine, as they would need to come back weeks later for a second dose. It doesn’t make any sense.”
While dosage supply of the vaccine is still limited, Governor DeSantis announced Tuesday that certain Publix locations in Florida will begin administering the COVID-19 vaccine along with sites offered by the Florida Department of Health, as long as supplies last.
Publix is undergoing. Preparations to start an online scheduling system and sign-ups could start sometime this week.
The initial rollout of vaccines distributed to Publix stores will start in Citrus, Hernando, and Marion counties at the start of the program according to Governor DeSantis. The program could be expanded as more vaccines become available.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family