Port Orange City Council Appoints Interim Council Member for District 1
Belden Communications News
The Port Orange City Council held a special meeting, January 5, where Mr. Johnathan Foley was selected as Interim Council Member for District 1.
The available seat was established by the resignation of former Council Member Dr. Marilyn Ford. Mr. Foley will serve until the City's election process is complete.
A Special Election will be held on Tuesday on April 13, to elect a new Council member, for the District 1 seat.
Candidates must be a resident of the City of Port Orange for at least 12 months, a registered voter of Volusia County, and a resident of District 1 to run for this seat. Candidates are also required to file a petition signed by 50 qualified electors of the City with the City Clerk and pay fees required by law during regular business hours during the qualifying period, which is NOON on February 1, 2021, through NOON on February 5, 2021.
Contact Robin Fenwick, City Clerk, with any further questions or for an appointment to obtain the appropriate forms to run for office. Email Robin at email@example.com.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family