North Causeway Bridge in New Smyrna Beach to get improvements.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Florida Department of Transportation has announced proposed improvements to the North Causeway Drawbridge in New Smyrna Beach. The improvements to the bridge will include replacing electrical sub-marine cables and implementing additional electrical upgrades critical to the bridge's operation.
According to a release, the sub-marine cables control the electricity that operates the machinery that open and close the bridge for boat traffic to pass through. Replacing the existing sub-marine cables ensures the continued operation of the bridge for all users.
For more information, contact Community Outreach Coordinator Britney Jones at (386) 740-3566
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family