Phase 2 for Florida’s Re-opening scheduled for Friday; Movie Theatres and Bars Allowed to Open.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Governor DeSantis spoke from Universal Studios early Wednesday, where he announced that Florida will be entering Phase 2 of its reopening plan come Friday, June 5.
“Today as we take another step, we’re applying this to the 64 counties, and going to work with the three southeast Florida counties, as we go forward,” DeSantis said. “This is going to be signed today, and it will take effect this Friday.”
Phase 2 excludes Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach counties, as the southeast counties were just able to enter Phase 1 on May 18. DeSantis will be working with the three counties and allow them to move to phase 2 when they are ready.
“In our phase two, we will be going with bars being able to operate consistent with this guidance diminished standing room occupancy so basically outdoor seating with social distance, a certain amount indoors, but you’re seated to get served. I mean ... go enjoy. Have a drink. It’s fine," DeSantis said. “We want to kind of not have huge crowds piling in.”
Bars will be allowed to operate under 50% capacity for indoor and at full capacity for outdoor service. Movie theatres and other entertainment venues are allowed to operate with 50% capacity as well.
“Movie theaters, and bowling alleys, they have a 50% capacity appropriate social distancing and sanitation protocols. Those have not been operating up to this point, you know they now have a pathway to do that,” DeSantis said.
Pari-mutual facilities, which typically house events like slots, racing wagers, and cardrooms, will also be able to reopen with strict health and safety guidelines under phase two.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family