Port Orange Police Department's Pursuit of National Accreditation.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
On March 2, 2020, the Port Orange Police Department will be visited for three-days by a team of Law Enforcement Assessors from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA).
According to a news release provided by POPD Public Information Officer Evan Doyle, the assessors will be examining all aspects of the department’s policies, procedures, management, operations, and support services. The assessment team will be seeking to verify that the department meets the 181 different state of the art standards established by the Commission.
This follows a process that was started by the POPD back in 2004, and the department was awarded its fifth accreditation in 2016. The accreditation itself is a highly prized recognition, and lasts for four years, in which the Police Department will submit annual reports showing compliance with the standards of the Commission.
According to the news release, POPD Chief Thomas R. Grimaldi stated: “It is important for the department and our community to achieve and maintain national accreditation. It is a significant accomplishment for the members of the department, but more importantly, it denotes the high quality of professional service we provide to the community.”
Belden Communications LLC wishes the Port Orange Police Department the best of luck in their continued endeavor towards National Accreditation!
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family