Small Plane Makes a Hard Landing at Daytona Beach International Airport; All Runways Closed.
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 5:00PM
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
Around 12:25 p.m., a Cessna Citation Mustang Aircraft was landing at the Daytona Beach International Airport when the landing gear failed, causing the pilot and it’s one other passenger to make an impromptu hard landing.
The plane landed on its belly in the middle of the runway causing a Delta Flight to be diverted to West Palm Beach and closed the other runways.
No injuries were reported and both passengers were able to walk away from the aircraft.
Crews are working to remove the aircraft, to be able to inspect the runway for damages before they are open. Travelers are to check with airlines for any updates on flights for further delays or cancellations.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family
For the latest specials, events and more! Click here to join