Port Orange Police Seeking Applicants for Citizens Police Academy
Port Orange, FL – The Port Orange Police Department put out a call for applications from city residents with an interest in joining the Citizens Police Academy.
As detailed in a release from the POPD today, “The Citizens Police Academy is an education program created for the residents of Port Orange with the goal of creating a greater familiarization with the operation of the Port Orange Police Department and its personnel.”
Each week participants will receive instruction from the various subject areas of the department. Sessions will include demonstrations of equipment and tactics not seen by the general public. Joining the program is free, but limited to the first 30 eligible participants.
The academy will meet on Monday evenings from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. for 10 weeks, starting on February 4th, 2019. The deadline for all applications is January 7 th, 2019.
Click here for the application: https://www.port-orange.org/DocumentCenter/View/3787/CPA-Application-2019
For additional information, visit https://www.port-orange.org/160/Police-Department
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family