New City Manager selected for South Daytona City Council
On Thursday, November 29, 2018 the public had been invited to Piggotte Community Center for a Meet and Greet with the two City Manager applicants; Les Gillis, South Daytona, FL and William Lanham II, Fayetteville, WV. The applicants were selected by the City Council with the assistance of the Florida City and County Management Association (FCCMA) and International City/County Management Association (ICMA) senior advisors.
In a unanimous 5-0 vote, The South Daytona City Council chose Les Gillis for the next South Daytona City Manager. This was confirmed after a Special Public Meeting was called on Friday, November 30, 2018 at 9am where the City Council had the opportunity to interview the two candidates in a public forum.
Gillis originally began his career with the City of South Daytona by becoming assistant public works director in 2003, going on to become the public works, director in 2009 and then just last year was given the title of Deputy City Manager.
Mr. Gillis’s start date has not yet been announced, but once the contract negotiations have been finalized, they will likely be on the City Council Meeting agenda for December 11, 2018 for discussion and approval.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family