Port Orange man arrested for attempting to purchase a child.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Port Orange Police Department arrested Hellmuth Kolb, 85, of Port Orange Thursday, August 25, 2022, following an investigation into an incident that occurred on August 16, 2022, when Kolb attempted to purchase a female minor for $100,000 from her parent at the Port Orange Winn Dixie off Nova Road.
According to the Port Orange Police Department's Facebook page, the parent immediately notified law enforcement that someone was insistent on attempting to purchase their daughter in the grocery store, prompting the investigation leading to the identification of Kolb.
During the investigation, Port Orange Police Department’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) spoke with Kolb’s probation officer. He informed investigators that Kolb is a registered sexual offender, is not to have any contact with minor children, and is still on probation from a similar case in 2018.
If anyone has had similar contact with Hellmuth Kolb, contact Detective Nugent at 386-506-5894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family