Allen Green to be inducted into the Port Orange Wall of Honor.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The City of Port Orange has announced they will be hosting a ceremony to celebrate former Mayor of Port Orange, Allen Green's induction into the City's Wall of Honor.
The Wall of Honor, located in the lobby of City Hall, was established in 1984 to honor individuals who have influenced our community and have brought notoriety, honor, and recognition to Port Orange. Those recognized on the Wall of Honor have excelled in many areas of community life throughout the years.
According to a release, Allen Green served on City Council and as Mayor of Port Orange for 30 years. In December 2016, Allen Green retired as the Mayor of the City of Port Orange. Over the decades, Allen Green provided the vision of Port Orange over many projects from start to finish.
The Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, September 6, 2022, at 5:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers inside Port Orange City Hall, at 1000 City Center Circle, where refreshments will be available.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family