Port Orange to Fly City Flag at Half-Staff in Memoriam
Port Orange, FL – The City announced Friday it would fly the city seal flag at half-staff in honor of Councilman Bob Ford, who passed away last month.
Ford lost his battle with cancer on Saturday, December 22nd. He was elected as the District 1 representative on the City Council in 2010 and was recently re-elected to his third term. Ford also served as Police Chief for more than a decade from 1986-1999.
The City Seal Flag will remain at half-staff on city properties through next Sunday, January 13th. A public memorial service will be held Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM at Volusia Memorial Funeral Home, 4815 S Clyde Morris Blvd, Port Orange, Florida 32129.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family