Reward being offered for information on a wanted murder suspect.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office is searching for Sammy McKnight Jr., 31, of Palm Coast, for his involvement in a fatal shooting outside an IHOP restaurant in DeBary.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, the shooting was reported around 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 17, 2022, at the restaurant at 320 Dirksen Drive. The investigation so far indicates the shooting occurred during an altercation between two men outside IHOP, and after discharging his firearm, the shooter fled the area in a 2007 Cadillac STS. The victim, James Shirley, 36, of DeBary, did not survive his injuries in the shooting and was pronounced dead at the scene.
McKnight’s Cadillac was found in Daytona Beach, and he may still be in the area. Detectives have obtained a warrant for McKnight on a 2nd-degree murder charge.
Anyone who sees McKnight or has information about his whereabouts should call 911 and not approach him, as he is considered dangerous. Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood announced a $5,000 reward for any information leading to McKnight's arrest.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family