Sandbags are available for Port Orange residents.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The City of Port Orange will open up multiple sandbag sites within the city limits as of Monday, September 26, 2022.
According to a release, residents must provide proof of residency, if the mailing address is Port Orange, they may get bags, even if they don’t live within City Limits – unincorporated County. There is a 10 sandbag limit, and residents should bring shovels to fill the bags themselves. For those who need assistance, it will be provided.
Sandbags will be available at these sites:
· Coraci Sports Complex, 5200 Coraci Blvd.
· Spruce Creek Recreational Facility, 6040 Central Park Blvd.
· Airport Road Park, 6751 Airport Road
· Port Orange Adult Center, 4790 Ridgewood Ave.
When disposing of sandbags after the event, residents are encouraged to retain the bags throughout the end of hurricane season, spread the sand throughout their yard, or put the bags out for garbage collection.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family