Section 8 Applicants Asked to Contact County.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County residents who applied for the Housing Choice Voucher, also known as the Section 8 Program, through the county are being asked to contact the county’s Community Assistance Division to update their information.
According to a release, the pre-application status verification forms will be mailed to the 536 residents on the waiting list on March 1.
Applicants must complete the form and return it to Community Assistance by Wednesday, March 31. If they do not respond by the deadline, they will be removed from the waiting list.
Preference will be given to individuals/families with a disabled adult who is homeless or at risk of being homeless. If your household meets the previously stated criteria, please submit documentation like a benefit award from Social Security Administration or documentation from a medical professional.
For more information, contact staff at 386-736-5955 or Section8wl@volusia.org.
Volusia County is not accepting new Section 8 applications at this time. The last time the waiting list was opened was in November 2018.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federally funded rental assistance program designed to help very-low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to obtain decent, safe, and sanitary housing at an affordable price in the private market. Participants are free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family