Sheriff's office investigates triggering Snapchat video featuring teens holding firearms
On Wednesday, a Snapchat video featuring two unsupervised juvenile boys holding firearms and ammunition was reported to The Port Orange Police Department by a concerned parent.
Though no threats were made in the video, the video was recorded at the home of Jeff and Heather Lariscy in Edgewater. In light of the fact that Jeff Lariscy previously served as a reserve officer with the Edgewater Police Department, the case was handed over to the Sheriff’s Office for further investigation.
A Port Orange parent reported seeing the video of the two juveniles on her son’s social media feed. The guns belonged to Jeff and Heather Lariscy. The two juveniles were at home with Heather Lariscy after school when the videos were filmed.
In the video, one of the juveniles pulled out two unsecured firearms, as well as ammunition, from under the Lariscy’s bed and posed with weapons.
Heather Jo Lariscy has been charged with one count of unsafe storage of a firearm, and a misdemeanor. The 14-year-old juvenile seen handling firearms in the video has also been charged with a misdemeanor and one count of improper exhibition of a firearm.
Affidavits for both charges have been submitted by Volusia County Sheriff’s Office to the State Attorney’s Office for review.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family