South Daytona City Council looking to Restructure it's Public Works Department; Voting to be Held Tuesday Evening.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
The City of South Daytona will be meeting to see about restructuring its Public Works Department later this evening, at their City Commission Meeting.
If passed the process will merge certain departments meaning some positions will need to be eliminated, while other positions will be added.
Parks Maintenance and Street Maintenance, for example, will be merging into one department which will increase manpower to the department.
The new department will be called the Facilities and Ground Maintenance Department. The money freed up from the merger will be used to find a new pump station and mechanic.
The South Daytona City Council Meeting is scheduled to meet later this evening at 6 p.m. at City Hall.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family