Ed Kelley's Final Address; The Volusia County State of County Address
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Tuesday evening, at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach County Chair, Ed Kelley delivered his final State of the County Address. Kelley hinted towards the future of the county and its ties to the aerospace industry, but also confirmed: “we will not be blasting rockets from our beaches.”
His claim on the stance is that Volusia County is perfectly nestled within the ‘manufacturing triangle’ which gives us the perfect opportunity in moving forward with the industry and assisting with supplies for the space program.
Throughout the address, other council members like Barbara Gitman, Ben Johnson, and Billie Wheeler all praised the County and its achievements throughout 2019 like the First Step Shelter, Inc., Public Safety Improvements and the implementation of a Bird Sanctuary in Ponce Inlet.
Kelley showcased upgrades made to the Ocean Center and Daytona Beach International Airport, before giving us a look into the future plans of the county. 2020 can bring more affordable housing, the renewal options for Volusia ECHO and of course a new Chairman.
As it was his last address, Kelley received a standing ovation from the public and his peers.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family