Volusia County’s Budget Hearing to be Continued to October 6.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communication News
Volusia County’s final public hearing on the budget and tax rates for the Fiscal Year 2020-2021 will be moved to another meeting scheduled for Tuesday, October 6, at 6 p.m. The budget and tax rates have undergone a first public hearing back on September 15.
Originally the final hearing had been scheduled for tonight, September 29 at 6 p.m.
Early Tuesday, September 29, County Chairman Ed Kelley announced that the hearing will be continued. The council will still convene at 6 p.m. tonight as scheduled to officially continue the budget hearing to Oct. 6.
“So those of you that are listening or who may have planned to be here, the second meeting will not be held tonight,” Kelley said at the beginning of Tuesday’s council meeting. “We can’t move it tonight due to a technical issue.”
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family