Fairgrounds COVID-19 Testing Extended with Changes.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Free COVID-19 testing at the Volusia County Fairgrounds that started back in August, will continue into October thanks to an extension from the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM).
The original end date for testing was scheduled for Wednesday, September 29, but has been extended until Friday, October 16.
Starting Thursday, October 1, some changes will be made to the testing site. Drive-up testing will no longer be available, and residents can get tested from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Hester building every day. The new indoor location will allow for the site to operate 7-days a week.
Antibody testing will also no longer be available starting October 1. Only viral testing will be offered.
“Since the site opened in August, we’ve seen continuing demand for COVID-19 testing at the fairgrounds,” said Emergency Management Director Jim Judge. “The site has proven to be a quick and easy process, and viral test results are consistently being delivered within the two to five-day time frame. We’re grateful to the state for recognizing the importance of this site in our county and for being willing to extend the deadline so that individuals can continue to get free viral testing.”
Appointments for viral testing can be made online at www.doineedacovid19test.com/. No symptoms are required to get tested. Viral testing is available for individuals five years of age and older. Adults 18 years and older are required to provide picture identification.
For more information on COVID-19 testing throughout the county, visit their website.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family