Free COVID Testing at Fairgrounds Extended Through the End of October.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Free Covid-19 testing inside the Hester Building, at the Volusia County Fairgrounds has been extended through October 30.
The testing site was scheduled to end this Thursday, October 15, but thanks to another extension from The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM), testing has been extended until October 30.
Viral COVID-19 testing will still be done inside the Hester building, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. seven days a week.
“We’re thrilled to have the county work so closely with the Florida Division of Emergency Management in offering this important COVID-19 testing,” said Emergency Management Director Jim Judge. “It’s easy. It’s free. And, test results are given within two to five days. This is a great service to Volusia County.”
Those who want to get tested will no longer be required to make an appointment and can be registered on-site. No symptoms are needed to get tested.
Viral testing is available for individuals five years of age and older. Adults 18 years and older are required to provide picture identification.
For more information on COVID-19 testing throughout the county, visit Volusia.org/testing
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family