Restrooms and Showers to open Saturday, May 9, at County Beach Facilities.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News.
Volusia County Government held its Daily Briefing Press Conference this afternoon.
During the press conference County Chair, Ed Kelley has announced that county officials are reviewing the full plan for Relaunch Volusia and that they are trying to ensure that “it’s just right.”
While the plan is not finalized just yet. Some services have been restored like libraries accepting appointments for Public Computer access.
Restrooms and Showers at all county beach facilities will also be opening as of Saturday, May 9. This was a hard decision for officials to make as restrooms allow for easy spread of germs. However, county officials wanted these facilities open before a projected busy beach weekend for Mother’s Day, this coming Sunday.
Officials have created a plan to have porter services available to frequently clean and disinfect restrooms but call for the cooperation of the public to frequently wash hands after using the facilities and utilize hand sanitizer that is available or bring your own.
Vehicles on the beach are also in the works by County Officials, and according to Kelley it is in the next phase. “We are looking to do this quickly, and Safely.”
Kelley also announced that Relaunch Volusia should be finalized by the County Council’s special meeting on Tuesday, May 12, along with their preliminary proposal for a Grant to assist Small Businesses with reopening expenses. To qualify for the grant Small Businesses, have to be licensed in the county, have 25 employees or less, be open since December, and cannot be classified as an essential business.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family