Grant Improves Restrooms and Usability of Rose Room at Peabody Auditorium
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Remodeling for the Rose Room Restrooms is currently underway at the Peabody Auditorium in Daytona Beach.
The expansion is meant to help accommodate a large number of attendees for shows. The restrooms were also outdated and smaller, leading to longer lines and poor traffic flow in the lobby during said events.
Improvements will rearrange the space in both men and female restrooms. The female bathroom will only be accessible from the Peabody lobby, while the male bathroom will be accessible from behind the south wall of the Rose Room patio. These changes will allow for better spacing during banquets, weddings, and other special events.
Also, the Rose Room is having an awning, lighting, and ceiling fans installed over its patio area. The patio will have gated access from N. Wild Olive Avenue, and the parking will be available in the Ocean Center’s parking lot located west of that roadway.
According to the City of Daytona Beach's City Manager Update from May 19, the project is funded by a $287,000 grant from the Daytona Beach Racing and Recreational Facilities District.
Remodeling is estimated to be complete in early 2022.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family