Peabody Auditorium Foundation invites Volusia County Schools to participate in Youth + Art = Success! Program.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Volusia County School Board has accepted an invitation to participate in the Peabody Auditorium Foundation’s newest program, Youth + Art = Success!
The new program, which will begin at the start of the 2021/2022 school year, is an annual program that will impact 7000+ students annually with both curricular and extra-curricular connections in music, dance, and theatre.
“For some students, this is the first time,” said School Board Member Carl Persis during the School Board Meeting on June 22. “Students remember seeing live performances forever.”
On the Elementary and Middle School levels, students experience the In-School Touring Program, providing a variety of shows from October through December. Selected schools will have the opportunity to participate in the show.
The High School level will experience the Peabody Auditorium Theatrical Experience, where students will participate in the program by visiting the Auditorium for live performances from January through May.
Students at Volusia County Schools will experience these cultural programs free of charge.
“Thank you for offering this to our students,” said School Board member Rubin Colon. “Students on the Westside might not have even known this was there and may want to enjoy it.”
An Arts and Culture Scholarship is also available to High School students in the County. One student from each High School, who will be pursuing a Cultural Arts Education, will be presented the scholarship award in May of 2022.
“The generosity of the Peabody is priceless,” said School Board Chairwoman Linda Cuthbert regarding the invitation to the program.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family