Multi-agency search is underway after Daytona Beach Police Officer shot; $100,000 reward available.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Have you seen this man?
A Daytona Beach Police Officer is in critical condition after being shot in the head late Wednesday in Daytona Beach.
According to reports, the officer radioed in that he was investigating a suspicious incident on Kingston Avenue. The officer stopped responding to other units calling him on the radio after several minutes passed.
When other Daytona Beach Police Officers arrived on the scene, the officer was lying on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound. He was later transferred to Halifax Health Medical Center and listed to be in critical condition.
The Daytona Beach Police Department, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, and other agencies across Central Florida have a multi-agency search underway for the suspect, Othal Wallace, 29. He may be in a gray 2016 Honda HRV with a California tag of 7TNX532.
A $100,000 reward is now available for anyone who can help authorities locate Wallace.
If anyone has any information on the incident, please contact 911 immediately.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family