Volusia County Schools invites the public to review instructional materials that are under consideration.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County Schools is reviewing new Mathematic instructional materials for students in kindergarten through 12th grades and is looking for input from the public.
According to a release, the public can access the potential instructional materials online or see them at three public meetings scheduled for Oct. 7, 11, 28, 2021. The deadline to provide comments is November 5. The selected final choice will be available for the public to view on November 17, 2021.
The school district has plans to adopt the new instructional materials in Spring 2022, with the new material integration starting in the 2022-2023 school year.
The public meetings are as follows:
• 5:30 - 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 7, at DeLand High School F.A.C.T. Fair in Gym, off N. Hill Avenue, DeLand, FL 32724
• 9 a.m. - noon on Monday, October 11, at DeLand Administrative Complex Main Lobby, off N. Clara Avenue, DeLand, FL 32720.
• 5 - 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 28, at Mainland High School Auditorium, off W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114. (Enter the Auditorium lobby off the front parking lot.)
• 5:30 – 7 p.m. on Thursday, November 17, at Campbell Middle School F.A.C.T. Fair in Gym, off S. Keech Street, Daytona Beach, FL 32114. (Final choice viewing)
For more information, visit their website.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family