VCS Invites Public to Review Instructional Material Under Consideration
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County Schools initiated the process of adopting new materials for instructional materials – such as textbooks. VCS is seeking public review and input on the instructional materials that are under consideration.
The materials under consideration focus on English Language Arts (ELA) for Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
The public can access the potential instructional materials online or see them at three different public meetings that are scheduled for January 5, 6, and 7, 2021.
The public meetings will be held:
- 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, at Shapiro Blue, 1500 Lexington Ave., DeLand, FL 32724. (Please park in front of the building.)
- 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 6, at University High School, 1000 W. Rhode Island Ave., Orange City, FL 32763. (Park in front of the main office. The Lecture Hall is off the front entrance.)
- 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 7, at Mainland High School, 1255 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114. (Enter the Auditorium Lobby off of the front parking lot.)
Anyone interested in attending the meeting must wear a mask and abide by the district’s social distancing policy.
The instructional Materials Department strives to provide VCS Students, Schools, and Faculties with the highest quality of instructional materials for English Language Arts in spring 2021. Those materials would be used starting with the 2021-2022 school year.
The website to access the potential instructional materials is https://www.vcsedu.org/.
Questions about this instructional review can be sent to Kris Smith, Library Media Services and Instructional Materials Specialist, at email@example.com.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family