The City of Daytona Beach announces Christmas Parade bridge and roadway details.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
On Saturday, December 11, the City of Daytona Beach will close multiple bridges and roads for its annual Christmas Parade.
The Bright Lights & Merry Nights Parade will start at 6 p.m., beginning at Bellevue Avenue and Beach Street and traveling north on Beach Street. The parade will travel in the northbound lane once it reaches Orange Avenue and head north to Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard – a new ending location this year.
Parade attendees may sit in the median from Orange Avenue to Bay Street and have plans in place to arrive early. Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets. Portable restrooms will be available at various locations. Free public parking is available behind the shops on Beach Street.
According to a release, Road and Bridge Closures will be as follows:
7 a.m. Saturday – East side of Beach Street parking
- Parking on the east side of Beach Street from Orange Avenue to Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard will be blocked off.
- Free public parking is available on the west side of Beach Street and behind the shops off Palmetto Avenue and on City Island.
7 a.m. Saturday – Magnolia Avenue/Jackie Robinson Parkway and Beach Street
- The Eastside of Magnolia Avenue/Jackie Robinson Parkway and Beach Street intersection will be closed.
- Library patrons and other people on City Island can use Jackie Robinson Parkway off Orange Avenue until 5:30 p.m.
- Parking on City Island is possible during the parade; however, City Island will only be accessible via Orange Avenue and closed when the parade reaches Orange Avenue.
Noon Saturday – West side of Beach Street parking
- Parking on the west side of Beach Street from Orange Avenue to Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard will be blocked off beginning at noon.
- Free public parking is available behind the shops, off Palmetto Avenue, and on City Island (use Orange Avenue for access to City Island).
4 p.m. Saturday – Beach Street closed Orange Avenue to MMB
- Northbound/southbound lanes will be closed on Beach Street from Orange Avenue to Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard at 4 p.m. until after the parade.
5 p.m. Saturday – Beach Street closed Bellevue Avenue to Orange Avenue
- Northbound/southbound lanes will be closed on Beach Street from Bellevue Avenue to Orange Avenue at 5 p.m. until after the parade.
- Daytona Beach Police Department officers will be staged at various locations south of Orange Avenue on Beach Street to assist people accessing businesses on the east side (i.e., Chart House, Halifax River Yacht Club).
5 p.m. Saturday – Bridges Details
- Motorists will not be able to turn left or right onto Beach Street from the Veterans Memorial and International Speedway Boulevard bridges beginning at 5 p.m. until after the parade.
- The Veterans Memorial and International Speedway Boulevard bridges will remain open; however, when the parade reaches this location, no vehicles will be allowed to cross the intersection.
- DETOUR: Motorists are asked to use the Main Street and Seabreeze/Oakridge bridges beginning at 5 p.m. Saturday until after the parade ends around 8 p.m.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family