Bethune-Cookman University plans Homecoming Parade and Game festivities this weekend.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Bethune-Cookman University (BCU) has a couple of festivities planned for this upcoming weekend’s Homecoming Game against Mississippi Valley State on Saturday afternoon at the Daytona Stadium, including a Homecoming Parade scheduled for 9 a.m. Saturday, October 9.
Parade participants will begin lining up on the rear side of Daytona Mall off North Nova Road. The Parade will travel east on Doctor Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard, going through the BCU campus and ending at the BCU practice fields.
According to a release, Daytona Beach Police Department will be providing traffic control at intersections along the parade route.
Detours will be in place, as the following intersections will be closed to all traffic during the Homecoming Parade:
- Nova Road and Doctor Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard
- Lincoln Street and Doctor Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard
- Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Doctor Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard
The police department will provide traffic control on West International Speedway Boulevard and LPGA Boulevard before and after the Homecoming Game. Residents of the area can expect inbound traffic to pick up between Noon and 4 p.m. (kick-off).
If stadium parking is full, vehicles will be re-routed towards Father Lopez Catholic High School, and pedestrian crosswalks will be in place for those wanting to cross LPGA.
One-way traffic patterns will not be in place on LPGA.
Delays are expected for drivers until they pass the Daytona Stadium, and residents are encouraged to travel on alternate routes to using I-95, Williamson Boulevard, or Clyde Morris Boulevard.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family