The City of Port Orange Suspends Permitting for Major Special Events
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
In a release sent out Friday, the city of Port Orange has suspended permitting for major special events defined by Chapter 58, Article III of the Code of Ordinances.
Applications for major special events will not be accepted or processed from the effective date until December 31, 2020.
According to the release, the city of Port Orange amends the review criteria for minor special events and special events held on or in city facilities in a review to determine whether the event can be held following current CDC guidance in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The city may deny and special event permit application for an event that the city reasonably believed does not comply with current CDC guidance or otherwise presents a danger to public health.
This order is effective immediately.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family