Tire amnesty event in New Smyrna Beach, scheduled for October 30.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County Mosquito Control will hold a tire amnesty event, for residential tires, on Saturday, October 30, at Volusia County Mosquito Control on South Street in New Smyrna Beach from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
According to a release, there is a limit of twenty tires per person, and there is no cost to drop off tires.
Residents can take preventative steps to continue to fight the bite. These steps include tipping containers weekly to remove standing water, tossing containers that are not in use, and wearing mosquito repellent to avoid mosquito bites.
Additional tips to prevent mosquito bites include:
Toss bottles, cans, pots, and broken appliances.
Turn over empty pots and buckets.
Replace water in birdbaths and pet dishes at least once a week.
Don’t overwater the lawn.
Clean out eaves, troughs, and gutters.
Drain water from boats and tarps.
Maintain the proper chemistry in swimming pools.
Empty plastic pools when not in use.
To learn more about mosquito control or submit a service request, visit www.volusia.org/mosquito or call (386) 424-2920.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family