United Flight Detours Landing to Daytona Beach International Airport due to Small Fire.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
A United Flight, an Airbus 320, traveling from Newark, NJ to Nassau, Bahamas made an emergency landing at Daytona Beach International Airport this morning due to a small fire in the cabin.
The fire started when. a passenger's battery charger caught fire mid-flight. Flight Crew contained the fire in a bag, extinguished it, and placed the charger in a fire-retardant case on Board.
Once on the ground in Daytona Beach, the charger was turned over to Federal Aviation Administration (or FAA) investigators. There is no determination as to why the battery charger caught fire at this time.
No one was injured and the flight is to continue as scheduled.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family