University of Florida/Volusia County Extension offers first-time homebuyer classes.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
First-time homebuyers can now participate in the Homebuyer Program. The University of Florida and Volusia County Extension is offering pre-purchase homebuyer workshops.
Each class will be on Zoom for eight hours and meet the education requirement.
Extension Agent Lisa Hamilton, a HUD-certified housing counselor and accredited financial counselor will instruct virtual classes at the following times:
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. January 14 and 21
- 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. January 18 (in Spanish)
- 5 to 9 p.m. January 24 and 25
- 5 to 9 p.m. February 8 and 15 (in Spanish)
- 5 to 9 p.m. February 17 and 24
Upon completion, participants will earn a certificate, enabling them to apply for a federal down payment and closing cost assistance program.
Per household, the program will be $10, and scholarships are available on request. Visit https://homebuyered.eventbrite.com to register.
Attendees may also contact Patricia Caradonna at (386)822-5778 or email@example.com.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family