Volusia County Councilmembers are hosting a beachside meeting, June 10.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
In a unique and unprecedented move, three beachside Volusia County Councilmembers are redefining the concept of government transparency by organizing an extraordinary meeting on the sunny shores. District 3 Member and Vice Chair Danny Robins, District 2 Member Matt Reinhart, and District 4 Member Troy Kent have announced a relaxed gathering, inviting residents for a beachside meeting filled with sun, sand, and surf.
The special meeting is scheduled for Saturday, June 10, from 9 a.m. to noon on a stone's throw away from the Harvard Drive approach in Ormond Beach. By bringing governance out of the confines of the council chamber, these elected officials aim to foster a more casual and engaging atmosphere for productive discussions with the community.
Residents are encouraged to don their favorite beach attire and embrace the spirit of the occasion while spending a pleasant morning on the shoreline. As a bonus, those interested in surf fishing can bring their fishing poles and cast a line alongside the council members, fostering a sense of camaraderie and collaboration.
Andy Romano Beachfront Park, located at 839 N. Atlantic Avenue in Ormond Beach, will provide free parking for attendees. Additionally, parking will be available directly on the beach with a valid beach pass, ensuring convenient access for all participants.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family