Volusia County School Board appoints Carmen Balgobin as Superintendent.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Volusia County School Board approved a 3-year contract with Dr. Carmen J. Balgobin to serve as Superintendent of Volusia County Schools on Tuesday, May 17, during a special meeting.
According to a release, Dr. Balgobin, a 24-year veteran educator, served as Deputy Superintendent of Volusia County Schools beginning in January 2020. She has a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Language Education from the University of Central Florida (UCF), a Master of Education from UCF and Nova Southeastern University, and a Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a Specialization in Education Leadership from Nova Southeastern University.
Serving as Interim Superintendent during the 2020-2021 school year, Dr. Balgobin led the district's COVID-19 reopening plan with three learning options: traditional classroom setting, Volusia Live (real-time live streaming), and Volusia Online Learning. During her time as Interim Superintendent, she also coined the phrase, “Together, We Are Stronger.”
“I believe in the students, faculties, staff, and communities in Volusia County. Our students deserve the very best education possible. I am looking forward to engaging with everyone to ensure that this mission is accomplished," said Dr. Balgobin.
She will officially begin her tenure as Superintendent on Friday, July 1, 2022.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family