Volusia County School Board Appoints Deputy Superintendent to Interim Super Intendent Role.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
During an emergency school board meeting this morning, the Volusia County School Board has decided to temporarily appoint the Deputy Superintendent, Dr. Carmen Balgobin, as Interim Superintendent.
This temporary appointment will allow Dr. Ronald “Scott” Fritz medical leave, while he deals with a recent cancer diagnosis. Board members unanimously placed the role with the Deputy Superintendent, retro-acting duties from July 1st.
Fritz is scheduled to return around August 14, to superintendent duties, but board members felt that Balgobin shall act as interim superintendent until at least the September School Board meeting where they can readdress the situation.
Superintendent evaluations, which were scheduled to be conducted in August have been moved to October, in light of Dr. Fritz’s medical leave.
The appointment of Dr. Balgobin to Interim Superintendent comes, one week before the roll out the district's plan for the upcoming school year.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family