Mayor Burnette Issues Proclamation for Face Coverings in Port Orange
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Mayor Donald Burnette of the City of Port Orange has proclaimed that July 2020 will be known as “Wear a Face Covering,” month.
According to a release, this month will highlight the necessity of the wearing of face coverings when social distancing is not attainable throughout the City of Port Orange and urges all residents and businesses to do the same.
“Our responsibility to protect the public health is serious and of great importance,” said Mayor Burnette. “We are at a critical point in the battle against this dreaded virus and we are asking for everyone’s help for the next 30 days so that we can beat this virus down for the benefit of all.”
The proclamation is effective today Monday, July 6.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family