Volusia County Schools terminates Dr. Ronald “Scott” Fritz as Superintendent.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
During its regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, April 12, 2022, the Volusia County School Board has decided to terminate Dr. Ronald “Scott” Fritz from his position as superintendent, effective immediately without cause.
Fritz made it clear in March 2022 in an email to Volusia County School staff members that he would not be renewing his contract, which would expire in December 2022. School Board members voted on the termination after a break in the meeting, where School Board Chairman Ruben Colon said Fritz “does not want to be here.”
Three candidates were up for consideration for the appointment as Interim Superintendent, and the board selected and approved the school district’s Human Resources Director, Rachel Hazel.
Before leaving the school board meeting, Dr. Fritz thanked his supporters and promised to help the next superintendent if needed. He will receive a severance package totaling more than $186,000.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family