Volusia County Sheriff’s Office is riding in the 25th annual Florida Tour de Force in Memory of Frank Scofield.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Beginning on Monday, April 4, 2022, participant riders will partake in the 25th annual Florida Tour de Force. The 270-mile charity bicycle ride starts in North Miami Beach and ends Friday, April 8, 2022, in Daytona Beach Shores. The ride, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary, raises money for families of Florida law enforcement officers who lost their lives in the line of duty.
Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood will join the tour along the route.
Sheriff Deputy Mark Mathieson, who will ride the entire tour, is doing so in honor of Senior Deputy Frank Scofield, who lost his life in 2019 in a traffic crash during his training for another charity ride.
“The Tour de Force is an incredible event for a great cause, and I encourage everyone to take a moment to pay tribute to our fallen brothers and sisters and donate in support of their families if you are able,” Sheriff Chitwood said.
The escorted 5-day tour includes several stops along the route, in Boynton Beach, Port St. Lucie, Palm Bay, Titusville, and finally, Daytona Beach Shores. Riders will make a special stop on Friday at the Frank Scofield Memorial Boat Ramps at Causeway Park in Port Orange, where Deputy Mathieson will be donating the money raised in Scofield’s memory.
An anonymous donor has committed to matching every donation received up to $50,000.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family