Daytona Beach Police Department is investigating after shots were fired at Police Officers during a well-being check.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
On Thursday, March 31, 2022, just before 3:30 p.m., two Daytona Beach Police Officers responded to a call to the 900 block of Essex Road regarding a well-being check. Upon arrival on the scene, both officers attempted to contact the subject listed in the call but could not locate them and were heading back to their patrol cars when the two officers heard three to four gunshots ring out, directed at them.
According to a release, both officers heard the rounds as they narrowly missed them.
The Daytona Beach Police Department takes actions like these very seriously and will be conducting a relentless investigation. The Police Department conducted a door-to-door search to ensure everyone’s safety and believe there is no immediate threat to the community.
The Police Department will be increasing its presence in this area until this incident is resolved and thoroughly investigated.
If anyone has any information on this case, contact the Daytona Beach Police Department at (386) 671-5200.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family