Man killed in Daytona Beach Police Officer-involved shooting.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is actively investigating a fatal shooting involving four Daytona Beach Police Officers.
Several officers were in the process of monitoring a man wanted on an open warrant in connection to a shooting in the Fairway Estates neighborhood earlier this month.
According to Police, officers watched the man leave a residence, get into the passenger seat of a white 4-door sedan, following the vehicle, and performing a traffic stop near the Ridgewood/Beville intersection, at the borders of Daytona Beach and South Daytona, to take him into custody. Police Officers boxed the car in, sending in a K-9 unit when the man refused to leave the vehicle peacefully. As the K-9 attempted to pull him out of the sedan, the man appeared to reach for a firearm located somewhere inside the car, leading to the officers opening fire.
The man, whose identity will be released once the next of kin notification is complete, was transported to Halifax Health Medical Center for multiple gunshot wounds. The man later succumbed to his injuries.
No officers were hurt during the incident, and the four officers involved in the shooting are on paid administrative leave (per Department policy), and the Department will not identify the officers at this time as the investigation is active and ongoing.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family