Volusia County hires a contractor to build Marine Discovery Center trail.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Volusia County Council approved a construction contract on Tuesday to get construction underway on a trailhead – the place where a trail begins – at the Marine Discovery Center and a trail extension connecting the center to the city trail at the North Causeway.
According to a release, the county is building the facilities at the City of New Smyrna Beach's request before turning it over to New Smyrna Beach and the Marine Discovery Center for maintenance responsibility following completion of construction.
The project will consist of a trailhead with restroom facilities on the Marine Discovery Center site on Barracuda Boulevard. The paved trail will start at the trailhead and run along the southern part of the site to the west side of Barracuda Boulevard and then down to the south side of the causeway.
A contract worth $660,510.50 in ECHO funds was awarded to Pierson-based Built-Rite Construction of Central Florida to build the facilities. Additional funds totaling $132,102 have been set aside to cover any unforeseen expenses.
The project will take approximately seven months to complete.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family