Volusia County launches an anti-Litter campaign.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Volusia County is launching an anti-litter campaign on social media with the hashtags #KeepVolusiaBeautiful and #EveryLitterBitCounts to keep the County clean and respect its bountiful nature.
According to a release, Volusia County hosts a wealth of natural beauty, including beaches, rivers, and natural lands such as preserves, parks, and conservation lands. While use and appreciation of these lands are important, so is respecting the lands. The anti-litter campaign taglines are new; however, the county’s efforts to reduce and combat litter are not.
Reducing litter comes down to personal responsibility and putting in the effort to make a difference.
Residents can participate in the campaign by helping in the county-sponsored river and coastal cleanups, adopting a segment of beach, road, park, or trail, or sponsoring a Fill-a-bag station. They can also pick up any trash they spot.
Visit www.volusia.org/litter for more information on the county’s efforts and how to get involved.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family