Volusia County to Distribute 200,000+ Face Masks County Wide.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
With continued efforts to help protect Volusia County residents from COVID-19, County Government will be distributing 119,000 surgical face masks starting Thursday, July 9.
Residents will be allotted two (2) masks per person, at the following sites during regular operating hours:
- Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave., Deltona
- Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St., Ormond Beach
- Hope Place Public Library, 1310 Wright St., Daytona Beach
- Pierson Town Hall, 106 S. Center St., Pierson
- DeLand Regional Library, 130 E. Howry Ave., DeLand
- Daytona Beach Regional Library, 105 E. Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach
- John H. Dickerson Heritage Library, 411 S. Keech St., Daytona Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Housing Authority, 600 Greenlawn St., New Smyrna Beach
- Salvation Army, 1240 S. High St., DeLand
According to a release, Votran has received an additional 100,000 face masks, which staff has already begun distributing to riders and residents. These masks are available on buses and at Votran’s Transfer Plaza in Daytona Beach; and the Votran administrative office in South Daytona.
The mask giveaway is part of the Step-Up Volusia program, a countywide initiative to reinforce the continuing need for residents to practice hand-washing, physical distancing, and the wearing of face coverings.
The face masks were provided by the State of Florida.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family