Votran service adjustments announced for Speedweeks.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The annual Speedweeks event is forecasted to bring heavy traffic to Daytona Beach and surrounding areas starting Thursday, February 16, through Sunday, February 19, 2023, which may cause potential delays, interruptions, and deviations in Votran bus routes. Votran riders should plan out their trips and expect additional detours without notice when traffic becomes congested to reroute buses to secondary roads.
According to a release, Votran has announced the following planned route adjustments for the duration of Speedweeks:
- Route 11A will not serve the Daytona Flea & Farmers Market, Thames Road, or Fentress Boulevard.
- Routes 18 and 19 will not serve Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University or the Daytona Beach International Airport and instead use International Speedway Boulevard to and from the Volusia Mall.
- Routes 10, 11B, 60, 10N, 11N, and 10S, which serve the area near the Daytona International Speedway, do not have any planned detours at this time but are likely to experience delays.
Votran encourages riders to stay informed by visiting their website, www.votran.org, where they can find more information on the potential disruptions and detours during Speedweeks.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family